Wednesday 7 April 2010

Democrazy presents: MOS DEF

A non photography related post, but truly worth mentioning: Mos Def in the Vooruit! An artist I already follow since the nineties presented his new release 'the ecstatic'.

Critics love saying today's hiphop is devoid of substance and creativity. Mos Def refutes this on all fronts!! He brought a 'supermagic' show that breathed poetry.

A gracious Mos appeared on stage after 15 minutes of beautiful Fela Kuti sounds. After dropping some amazing J.Dilla jewels I got ecstatic.. time for one of my favorite tracks of the moment: R.O.S.E.S. of Georgia Anne Muldrow, which Mos remixed for his latest album.



When I'm down, I just draw some roses
On a pretty piece of paper
With my recipe oooooooooooo-pen
So halfway through, I feel so much better
I imagine happiness, and it runs right to me, such amazing beauty
You don't have to , cut up no roses
Please just leave them living
Got my pencil, got pretty paper
Please don't worry we're forgiven


Mos Def: myspace


No comments:

The Day I Fell in Love With Morocco (part 2)

In the first part of our trip we explored the North and the Rif Mountains. In Part two we took a step back in time in the cultural, inte...