Monday 19 July 2010

The apparition

In the middle of our trip, we saw a road sign: Lourdes 10 km ... Imagine, somewhere in the Pyrenees (near Lourdes), a car with the two blondes and myself the brunette, thinking about doing a little detour and driving to Lourdes.  For the not Lourdes-knower, it is a pilgrimages, because some lady saw Maria’s apparition in a cave a long long time ago.  Sorry granny if I’m telling this story wrong or not in a passionate way, but at least I’ve sent you a postcard!!  Anyway, we parked the car and followed the signs to the circus of Lourdes.  Loads of people did the same thing ... strange scene.. We saw the church, saw people filling 5, 10, 20 bottles of ‘holy’ water and heard them singing near the cave...  You probably agree if I prefer WorldWide Festival!?!  Is this a must see, well ... ‘no’ would be my first answer, as it is such an awkward place, but still somehow we were there....


1 comment:

miebee said...

nice story ;)
nice pics!!!
bisous *

The Day I Fell in Love With Morocco (part 2)

In the first part of our trip we explored the North and the Rif Mountains. In Part two we took a step back in time in the cultural, inte...