Sunday 1 November 2009

It's all about the funk

The essential elements for a Friday evening:
  • funky people
  • Lefto and his musical friends
  • a dancing happy crowd
Last Friday these elements were all over the place. I looked forward to the night that Vadim came to Ghent, but the night surprised me.. The big names Vadim and Sa-Ra productions made me go to the Minnemeers venue but it was Breakestra that made me move! The night exploded with this rare groove funk band from Los Angeles. I dare to say it was one of the best concerts I've seen in 2009... Big up to the new amazing female vocalist

I found a video of Breakestra in Leuven a few days before they were in Ghent. Certainly not as good as in Ghent, if we make a little city clash.. but still an amazing band!


Elle's report on Cutting edge: www.cuttingedge.be

Some weeks ago Raphael Saadiq was in the la Belgique!! Funky vibes in Brussels! Check the blog of Elisabeth, the polaroid girl and check out the 9 minutes of the concert as well:

A polaroid Story by Elisabeth Ouni
www.raphaelsaadiq.com

No comments:

The Day I Fell in Love With Morocco (part 2)

In the first part of our trip we explored the North and the Rif Mountains. In Part two we took a step back in time in the cultural, inte...